DRIVING LICENCE Online : As we all know in today’s life everyone loves riding and driving not only boys but girls are also love to ride a bike or to drive a car. As today’s generation is independent and they are able to travel from one point to another point. So here we are talking about driving license .
Well today there are many public means of transport are available for people like cabs, auto and many more but people like to ride on their own. But if you want to ride a bike, scooter or to drive a car then you must have a driving license. It is the most important thing if you want to drive to on the road.
The act of motor vehicle of 1988 states that no individual can ride or drive a motorbike or car on the road if they do not have a valid driving license. As it is a punishable offense so you can not drive without a driving license. Now in this article, we are going to tell you how to apply for an online driving license without visiting RTO (Regional Transport Office).
Now it is very to apply online for driving license online or offline. Now you do not need to wait in a long queue for submitting your driving license application. You can apply online through your mobile phone or laptop or from any café.
|Apply for new driving license online||Documents required for driving license||Why should you apply for driving license online|
|Process for applying learning license online||Documents for applying learning license online||Learning license test slot booking|
|Fees for driving license and learning license||Difference between driving license and learning license|
Application for Services on Driving Licence:
- First enter your DL number and your date of birth in the respective fields and click on the go
- After that, the last endorsed details will be filled by the website automatically.
- And then in submit request to option you have to choose your state and RTO from the menu of apply to state and RTO sections.
- Now click on the proceed for next step.
Procedure to Submit an Application for Driving Licence Online:
As we told you earlier that apply for a driving license online is very easy. You can apply online for a driving license by visiting the sarathi website of the ministry of road transport and highway. Follow these steps mentioned below to apply online for driving license.
- First, you have to visit the website of the ministry of road transport and highway and select your state
- There is an option of Driving license on your left-hand side.
- Now select the Apply Online and choose the New driving license option.
- Now there is some instructions on your screen for applying for a driving license online.
- After reading all the instructions carefully click on the continue button to proceed.
- After clicking on the continue option it will ask you that what you already have A learners license number/ foreign dl number/ defence license number now choose one option.
- Then it will ask to enter your date of birth in DD/MM/YYYY format.
- After completing the whole process click on the ok
- In this form you have to fill all your personal details like your name, age, address etc.
- After that you will be asked to upload some your documents as proof like age proof, address proof.
- You will be also asked to upload scanned copy of photograph and a signature.
- After uploading all the documents you will be asked to choose timing and date for your appointment. You can choose time and date when you have time to visit RTO directly and appear for your DL test.
- After that once you have submit your application form with payment then your application for online driving license will be successfully sent to RTO.
- Remember that on your appointment day you reach the RTO office a few minutes early.
The whole section is to be undersigned in the presence of licensing authority by the parent/guardian.
After completing the form the candidate can submit it by clicking on the submit button on the right end of the form.
After submitting the application form an auto-generated web number will appear on your screen note that number for future reference or to check your application status online.
Application Number Search:
Now we are going to told you what you have to do if you want to get applicant details. Follow the steps mentioned below to get applicant details.
- At first choose the state from the select state option under the menu option.
- After that you will get an option to choose RTO now choose the name of RTO.
- Then enter your first name, middle name, last name and your date of birth in DD/MM/YYYY format.
- Enter the captcha given below and click on the submit button.
Documents Required to be Submitted for Driving Licence(DL):
Here is a list of documents you have to submit along with your online application form of driving license.
- Learner’s license.
- Address proof- Any of the documents mentioned below can submit as a address proof.
- Ration card.
- Voter id card.
- LIC Policy.
- Utility bills(electricity bill, telephone or gas bill).
- Payslip issued by state or central government.
- Proof of age: any of the documents mentioned below can submit as a age proof.
- Pan card.
- School matriculation certificate of an individual.
- Voter id card.
- Birth certificate.
- Driving school certificate(for transport vehicle dl applicants).
- Passport size photograph.
- All the documents related to the vehicle to be used for the driving test.
Why should you Apply for Driving Licence Online:
It is easy to apply online for a driving license and it is less time consuming compared to the manual process. You can easily download the application form and submit it after filling all the information and documents needed. After that you need to sit for a written exam and in an interview to clear the dl test.
You should know that the LL(Learners license) is only used for vehicles that are used for a personal purpose not for any commercial transport purpose. In a single online application, you can apply for LL for more than one category of vehicles. But if you want to apply for a driving license then first you have to apply for the learner’s license. There are conditions mentioned below for applying for the learner’s license.
- The age of the applicant more than 16 years for two-wheelers and more than 18 years for four wheelers.
- You can apply for driving license 30 days after the issue of your learner’s license.
- You have to apply within 180 days of learners license being issued as it is valid only for 6 months.
How to Apply for Learner’s Licence Online:
You can easily apply for the learner’s license online just by visiting the official website. Download the application form online and fill all the required information and attach all the required documents. After that click on the submit button. Same as you can also apply for the Driving license online.
Documents to Submitted for Applying for Learner’s Licence:
Here is a list of documents you need to apply for learners license.
- Physical fitness declaration form 1.
- Passport size photographs.
- Form 1-A medical certificate.
- Proof of address: any of documents mentioned below.
- Ration card.
- LIC Policy.
- Voter id card.
- Affidavit sworn before public notary or a judicial magistrate.
- Age proof: any of the document mentioned below.
- Voter id
- Birth certificate.
- School matriculation certificate.
- LIC Policy.
- Affidavit sworn before public notary or a magistrate.
Learner’s Licence Test Slot Booking:
You can also book a test slot online through the sarathi website. But there are some states where you can not book a test slot online. Here is a list of these states.
- Andaman and Nicobar island.
- Andhra Pradesh
- Arunachal Pradesh
- Madhya Pradesh
Applicants belongs to these states or union territories will have to visit the RTO website in their state to book a test slot.
But applicants other than these states can apply for a test slot through sarathi website. Here are some steps mentioned below to guide you.
- At first visit the sarathi website.
- Click on the slot booking option on the home page of the website
- Now choose the LL slot booking option.
- Now enter the web application number and your date of birth in the DD/MM/YYYY format.
- Now a calendar will open with a new tab now you can select the date according to your choice.
Fees for DL and LL:
You can pay the fee using SBI challan or online. Here is a list of fees for different category of license.
|Type of license||Fee in rupees||Revised fee January 2018|
|Learners license||Rs. 30- Rs. 75 per license||Rs. 150|
|Driving license||Rs. 40||Rs. 200|
|Driving license for commercial vehicle||Rs. 250||Rs. 600|
|International driving license fee||Rs. 500||Rs. 1000|
|Driving license renewal fee||Rs. 50||Rs. 200|
|Learning license renewal fee||Rs. 40||Rs.200|
Difference Between DL and LL:
In our country, there are two types of license one is Learner’s license and the second one is permanent license. Learner’s license is for those who want to learn how to ride and drive vehicle you can apply for a permanent driving license 30 days after the issue of your learner’s license. The validity of learner’s license is only 6 months. So you can not pay fir DL with out getting Learner license.
We hope this article will helpful for all of you. Now it is very easy to apply online for driving license without visiting the RTO office. You can apply for learners license and for permanent driving licence just by visiting the official website.